Avocado super smoothie
One of my favourites pick me up smoothies, I grew up drinking this healthy shake as far back as I can remember.
First I would like to make it clear that the avocado is a fruit and not a vegetable as some people may think. The fruit itself is very healthy and high in caloric count and contains various nutrients and healthy fats that provide protection against heart diseases.
Known as the alphabet fruit, it provides your body with vitamins A, C, E, K and B6. Avocados can reduce the signs of ageing, regulate blood sugar in your body.
- 200ml of milk
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 table spoon of honey
- A squeeze of lime (optional)
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and give it a quick blend, make sure to remove the large round seed and any dark part of the avocado flesh, you only want the green/yellow flesh.
- Add some ice to the blender for an extra cold smoothie (optional).
- The more avocado you add to your smoothie, the thicker it will be.
- You can also add banana and a couple of mint leaves.
- Wrap the second half (unused) avocado in clean film and put it in the fridge to keep it fresh until you are ready for another smoothie.