Condensed Milk Pudding
Though it was about time we did a dessert dish…
This is my all time favourite, I don’t make it a lot because I would eat the whole thing and nothing in excess is a good thing. But every time I make condensed milk pudding and eat it, it brings back childhood nostalgia. I remember my mum, my grandma cooking this dish and the family around the table.
- 1 can of condensed milk
- Same measure of milk
- 3 large eggs or 4 medium
- 200 gr of sugar (I prefer soft brown, but white will do)
- 1 Tbs of water
- Preheat the oven 180C.
- Make the caramel, add the 200 gr of sugar to a pan.
- Add the 1 Tbs of water to the sugar, keep mixing it.
- Let the caramel cook for a while(10 min), until all the sugar has melted and the caramel has thicken.
- The mix will bubble up, keep mixing it (be very careful as it is extremely hot).
- Take it off the heat.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender, blend it well.
- Butter a flan dish well (also works on individual ramekins).
- Pour the Caramel at the bottom of the flan or ramekins.
- Pour the mixed ingredients into the flan.
- The Pudding has to be cooked in Bain Marie.
- Get a bigger oven tray, add some boiled water to it (the lever of the water should be 1 - 2 cm bellow the level of the flan).
- Cook it for approximately 45 - 50 min or until golden brown, it should still have a firm wobble.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Once cool, place it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- when ready to server, ease the edges with a knife, pace a serving plate on top of the flan dish and quickly flip the pudding upside down, the caramel should OOZE over it.
- It is very easy to cook, it only takes about 1 hour, but do not forget, it needs to set in the fridge for an extra hour before you remove from the flan dish.