Delicious Healthy Papaya Smoothie
Growing up in Brazil, surrounded by tropical fruits, one is spoiled with fresh natural juices and smoothies.
The papaya smoothie is one of my favourites smoothies, it is not only delicious it also contains abundant health benefits to keep the body healthy and strong.
The papaya contains enzymes like arginine (which helps to quicken the repair time of damaged tissue as well as decrease blood pressure) and carpain (which is considered to be good for the heart). It also contains natural fibre, carotene, vitamin C and essential minerals.
- 1/2 medium papaya
- 1 banana
- 1 tbs of honey
- 300 ml of milk
- Cut the papaya in half and remove all the seeds with a spoon, slice half of the papaya in cubes and add it to the blender, followed by a whole sliced banana and a table spoon of honey.
- Add the milk and blend it for about a minute or until the ingredients turn into a nice creamy smoothie.
- Pour it into a tall glass and enjoy a great tropical healthy smoothie.
- Wrap the second half of the papaya with cling film and placed it in the fridge to keep it fresh and stop it from drying.
- The banana will add extra body to the smoothie, if you like it thicker then add extra bananas to the recipe.
- I like drinking cold smoothies, so I usually freeze my milk in an ice tray and blend the ice milk when making my smoothies (optional).