Gluten free savory biscuits
This recipe is very simple, even the kids can help prepare. One of my favourites as a child and always a favourite snack for any time of the day. I remember my grandmother preparing these when I was visiting, afternoon tea was the best. And best of all they are gluten-free.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
- 500 gr tapioca starch
- 1 medium egg
- Salt to taste (1 desert spoon, taste the mixture and it should be slightly salty)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix the milk, salt and vegetable oil in a pot, and bring to a boil, keep an eye on it, as soon as it starts to boil, remove it from the heat.
- Pour the hot mixture into the tapioca starch and mix it with a spoon, make sure all the starch has been mixed.
- Slowly add the water to the mixture, once the mixture has cool down add the egg and mix it well.
- Ok, time to get messy, start pouring he mixture inside a clean bag then make a small cut on one of the edges.
- On a baking tray, start squeezing the mixtures into little lines, or circles, here you can get very creative on the design shape of your biscuits.
- Bake the biscuits for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until you see they are golden and crispy, they will rise and puff up 🙂
- Tapioca starch is not easy to find in supermarkets, i tend to buy mine at Chinese supermarkets.
- You can also experiment with adding a little bit of cheese to add extra flavor.
- Black coffee
- Cheese spread
- Dips to dunk your biscuit in 🙂