Sweet Corn Ice Cream
Some of you might think we have gone mad, but no, sweet corn is a very popular ice cream flavour in my region of Minas Gerais in Brazil.
Try something different you will enjoy it.
I had to adapt the recipe a little just to make it easier.
- 1 x can on condensed milk , (use this can as a measurement for the other ingredients)
- 1 x can of full fat milk
- 1 x double cream
- 1 x of sweet corn (the green giant type will do, strain the liquid first)
- Ice cream machine
- Add all the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend the whole mix for a few minutes.
- Its advisable to pass the mix through a sieve.
- We used an Ice cream machine, as the finish is creamier. Check your ice cream machine instructions on how to use. Mine takes 8 hours in the freezer before you can use it.
- Once the machine Is ready for use, pour the mix into it, and turn it on.
- It took around 40 min until the consistency was right.
- Once the Mix has been passed through the sieve add it to a plastic Bawl and put it in the freezer.
- after 45 min, check the bawl, the mixture would have started to freeze at the edges.
- Using a spatula , whisk or even hand mixer , Beat it vigorously break up any frozen bits and get some air into the mix.
- Return it into the freezer and repeat the process every 30 minutes, keep beating the mix every 30 min.
- it should take around 3 hours till the ice cream is ready.
- Enjoy it.