Melting Pork Ribs
Melt in your mouth pork ribs recipe, the simple Brazilian way of doing it!
- 2 kg Pork Ribs
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 table spoon of oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop the onions and garlic finely.
- If the ribs are whole (whole rack) cut them into individual bits.
- Add the oil to a big heavy pan, let it heat up for a while
- Throw the ribs in, let them cook for a while, stir the ribs from time to time
- Add salt and Pepper to taste.
- Once browned (10 to 15 min of cooking) throw in the finely chopped onions and garlic and stir it. Cook it for a further 5 minutes, but do not let the garlic burn.
- Add some water to the pan, about half a cup to a full cup, depending on the size of the pan (the goal here is to have about 1/2 cm of water at the bottom of the pan)
- place the lid on the pan. The water will eventually evaporate and you will hear the sizzling noise from the ribs frying again. (10 min)
- At this point remove the lid, stir the pot, making sure to scrape all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Once again add the same quantity of water scrape the bottom of the pan and place the lid back on, cook it for a further 10 minutes or until you hear the sizzling noise, remove the lid, stir the ribs and scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Again add some more water and repeat the process x 3
- At this stage once the water has evaporated, check the ribs, are they soft yet, is the meat coming off the bone with little resistance? If yes they are ready. If not repeat the process again.