One Pot Fish Stew
Delicious quick fish stew recipe, and very little washing up.
This is one of my Dads recipes that I have learned from watching him cook it many times.
Hope you enjoy it
- Frozen or fresh white fish fillets (1 per person, more if fillets are small)
- Potatoes (4 large)
- Tomatoes (4 large)
- Onion (2 large)
- Peppers (2 large)
- Olives (hand full)
- half tsp of tomato pure
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- olive oil
- Slice the tomatoes, potatoes, onions and peppers, all around 1 cm thickness.
- Now its just a question of layering the ingredients into a pan.
- layer the onions at the bottom of the pan with some olive oil
- next a layer of tomatoes
- next a layer of peppers
- next scatter some olives around
- next a layer of potato slices (add some salt and black peper)
- place the fish fillets on top of the potato slices
- repeat the layers (add some more salt and black pepper)
- Sprinkle the paprika
- Cook it for 5 to 10 minutes on a medium heat, with the lid on, mix the tomato pure with a cup of water and add it to the pan ( add more if you like) taste it to see if it needs more salt.
- Cook for a further 5 to 10 minutes. Enjoy it.
- Or on its own