Pizza de Frango ao catupiry – Chicken with cream cheese
Pizza de frango ao catupiry, the most famous traditional pizza in Brazil.
Frango ao catupiry is a tasty mix of tomato sauce, juicy shredded chicken breast and catupiry cream cheese. You can find the catupiry recipe on our site, it is very simple to make and it adds flavour to many Brazilian recipes.
- 250g cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup of catupiry cream cheese (Recipe available on our site)
- 500g of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1x sliced onion
- 1x garlic clove
- Half lime juice
- Portion of olives (black or green) to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- First, boil your chicken breast, make sure you have enough water in the pot to cover the breast, bring it to boil and let it cook for approximately 20 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Add some salt to the water.
- Once the breast is cooked, using two forks, start shredding the meat. Take your time, the finer the shredded pieces the better.
- To a pan on high heat add some olive oil, half chopped onion and 1 chopped garlic clove, cook it for 1 minute.
- Add the shredded chicken, and cook it for 2 minutes. Add salt and black pepper to taste and the juice of half lime.
- Dilute a desert spoon of flour into a half a cup of cold water and add it to the chicken mixture, cook it for another 2-3 minutes that will keep your chicken nice and juice. Take it off the heat and let it cool.
- Place the catupiry cream cheese inside a plastic bag. I usually use clear fridge/freezer bags for this. Once inside the bag, tie the bag and cut a little tip off one of the edges so you can squeeze the sauce any way you want on the pizza. (If you need to prepare the cheese cream sauce, please check the recipe on our website, it takes 20 minutes to prepare)
- Slice half of the onion, the thinner the slices the better.
- Warm up your tomato sauce.
- With an open pizza dough, spread the tomato sauce evenly over the pizza, leaving the edges uncovered to allow a little crust.
- Evenly spread the shredded chicken across the pizza and squeeze the catupiry cream cheese over the chicken. I like to do it in a circular motion starting from the middle covering most of the pizza.
- Add your sliced onion to taste and place your olives on the top.
- On a pre-heated oven (200ºC) place your pizza and let it cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle a little bit of olive oil over your pizza.
- Enjoy your traditional Brazilian pizza de frango ao catupiry!