Sugar free ice lolly – picole de frutas
What’s the best way to cool down on a hot summer’s day? ICE LOLLIES!
Here is a great simple and healthy recipe for seasonal ripe fruit Ice lollies.
The reason I choose seasonal fruits is simply due to their natural sweetness, there is no need to add additional sugar or any other sweeteners to the recipe unless you have an extra sweet tooth in which case you may add honey as an alternative to white processed sugar.
For this recipe we have fresh mangos and strawberries, blended with natural yoghurt and that’s it! Simple as that and my kids love it!
- 2x Mangos
- 1x portion strawberries (12 strawberries or more)
- 1Kg of natural yogurt
- Honey (optional)
- Dice the mangos and blend it with 500g of natural yogurt.
- Sieve the mixture to get rid of any bits from the mango flesh.
- Pour the mixture onto ice lolly moulds.
- Repeat the process with the strawberries.
- Blend the strawberries with the remaining 500g of yogurt.
- With strawberries there is no need to sieve, just pour the mixture into ice lolly moulds.
- Place the moulds in the freezer and let it freeze for about 5 hours before serving.
- Depending on the type of ice lolly mould you have, you might need to insert the wooden sticks when the freezing process has already started to keep the stick in the centre of the ice lolly, after 3 hours during the freezing process should be a good time to insert.
Step by step ice lollies preparation: